60 Years of Expertise in Plastics

For more than 60 years we have dedicated ourselves to the manufacture of products made of plastics. Founded under the name “Wiesmann & Co. KG” in 1946, the company was nationalized under the regime of the GDR and was not converted into a private family-owned business until 1992 after the reunification of Germany. Subsequently operating under the name Primed® Halberstadt Medizintechnik GmbH, the company resolutely established its orientation to the production of high-quality medical products. This strategy and our perseverance in research and development work have resulted in today’s line of more than 2,400 quality products.


1946 The company “Wiesmann & Co. KG” (metal-working) is founded.
1951 Start of plastics production
1958 Nationalization of the company (650 associates)
1964/65 Spin-off of the metal-working operations and concentration on processing of plastics, now including the technologies of injection molding, extrusion, and blow-molding. The first medical products are manufactured.
1967 Development of a cardiac catheter in cooperation with Prof. Werner Porstmann (Charité, Berlin) for the percutaneous treatment of patent ductus arteriosus Botalli.
1972/73 Affiliation with the organizational collective combine “Medizin- und Labortechnik (Medical and Laboratory Technology)”. Household goods and medical products are produced in approximately the same proportions (for the West German market as well, including Fresenius or B. Braun).
1992 Conversion into a private family-owned business. Now employing a workforce of 100, the orientation to medical technology products is intensified.
1995 Renaming of the company as “Primed® Halberstadt Medizintechnik GmbH”. Continuing specialization.
2000 Establishing of the subsidiary , a leading company in gas sterilization in Germany.
2003 Construction of a logistics center containing 4,000 pallet spaces, introduction of a bar code system
2005 The Czech associated company Primed® CZ is founded.
2006 Completion of the new production facility in the Czech Republic (600 m² of clean room area)
2008 Expansion construction at the Czech associated company Primed® CZ (additional 400 m² clean room area).
2010 Construction of a new logistics center/Expansion of sterilization capacity
2014 Construction of a new warehouse with 5,000 pallet spaces.
2016 Moving of administration to new premises in the former deanery.